Saturday, November 19, 2011

Let's catch up real quick!

Well, i am back at it... Finding time to spend with this blog of mine. So much has changed in my life in the last year that I do not even know where to begin. Let's see... If you scroll down and read my previous blogs, you can see that I am madly in love with Kelsey Smith! That certainly has not changed. In fact, with the exception of one minor mishap involving an avacado... We are doing great! I genuinely fall more and more in love with her every day!

That is a great place to begin... I will start by saying this... On April 17th, 2011 she said YES!!! So, for the last 7 months and 2 days I have been happily engaged to be married to the love of my life and I couldn't be happier. Kelsey truly makes every day spectacular... But don't try to get in on any of the spectacular as she only has enough to go around this household... I am very demanding!

Our first kitten, Gatsby, is getting older and fiestier every minute! In so many ways she reminds me of Kelsey... Can a cat and a human have similar personalities or am I crazy? (insert crazy cat lady comment) I call her my "lil pink nosed bandit" (Gatsby, not Kelsey... I call Kelsey my... Oh, nevermind) because she is always getting into interesting situations that require us to remove large balls of recently matted hair, hide sharp objects, drink out of sippy cups and sleep with one eye open! Seriously, she is intense! And, she is hilarious!

Kirby is just a butterball delight! He spends most of his days lounging, walking slowly to nowhere, eating, snorting, sneezing, begging for "nookie" and just being an all-around good little Persian kitty boy! We have batted around the idea of changing his name many times. Borris was our most recent option but at the end of every day, we look at him and all we see is our wonderful Kirby... And then he sneezes right in our face and we call him 20 other names, none of which would ever pass a Registered Pedigree certification.

What else... What else... Oh, yeah, we now reside in Fargo, ND. It is a big change from Austin, TX but being close to Kelsey's family has already proven to be extremely entertaining. Bryon the Bison loving goof ball has really become one of my favorite people... And I just love being able to get to know Ms. Joni and all of her sweet motherly ways! She is very hard working and decorates like no one I have ever met before! Seriously, I think she gives Martha Stewart a run for her heavily invested insider trading money! They are quite possibly the best neighbors ever... Well, they are tied with Suzette (that girl can cook!)... And I do mean neighbors as the Smith clan lives a total of 24 seconds away! Sometimes I wonder why we didn't move closer.

Being in Fargo is wonderful but I have been dealing with bouts of home sickness a lot lately. And by "dealing" I mean that I often curl up in a ball in the corner of our bedroom and squeal like a baby because I miss my mommy! If Kelsey ever walks in, I can easily pretend I am attempting to repair something and the horrible squeals that she heard must have been the neighbors or the pipes or the wind. Unless I spot Kirby and then he gets the blame! All this to say... I MISS YOU MAMA!!!

Since I am catching you up on life, let me also state this before I forget... The McRib is back!

I started a new position at Staples. I am a B2B sales consultant for the contract division. Don't I sound important? No?? Well, I am. The position is taking me all over the state and I love it. Well, I did love it but my car's name is not Boitano or Kwan or even Hamilton so I am going to try to stay a bit closer to home now that winter is coming through. I truly love my new position and I hope that Staples provides us opportunities over the next few years to really achieve a few goals...like becoming millionaires, seeing the world and, of course, opening our own Persian kitten petting zoo!

Well, i think I have caught you up on my life right now... I have a lot of pictures to share in my next few blog posts so don't worry... I won't be so "wordy" next time!

Congratulations on making it all the way to the end of this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment